Monday

Rudy and Judi and Golf

OK, Let me be clear: this is a blog about golf. Golf in the fun, flirty sense, but golf nonetheless.

I normally don't touch politics; it's much too polarizing and in the end... for me at least... it always seems to come down to the lesser of two evils. And I hate that, so I just don't do it. Generally.

However as the candidates debate and the primaries approach and the Caucus Countdowns... count down, I find myself drawn in. So I did the logical thing considering my passion for golf and the fact that this is, after all, a golf blog; I golf-googled all the leading candidates. (The simple formula is: canditate's name, space, golf). And...I came up with very little.

Oh, I got lots of Cafe Press golf shirts. The Hillary shirts included a "Hot for Hillary", a "Bill Clinton for for First Lady" and an "Anyone but her '08". One Fred Thompson golf shirt had "Fred '08" underneath an image of a large gun. Looked like a 9mm Glock to me. Disconcerting, to say the least. Then there was one that said "Mitt Happens 2008" with an image of a Ken doll on it, Oh, excuse me, that was actually an image of Mitt Romney. "Obama '08"... "McCainiacs for McCain"... "Ron Paul Fo' Shizzel, 2008". If you can imagine it, it's there.

Lot's of Golf shirts, yes, but not much about candidates actually playing golf...or having played it in the past. I found an image of Bill Clinton swinging a driver, in a really cute golf sweater, but Hillary was no where in sight, and none of the other candidates seemed to have much of a connection with the game either. That is till I typed in Rudy Giuliani.

It seems Rudy is quite passionate about golf, as is his wife Judi Judith. The republican front runner apparently discovered golf as a young boy, sneaking into a cloistered Country Club at night with friends to hit balls. Judith Guliani's "Real Golfer" profile in Golf for Women magazine, mentions the couple's honeymoon at the Dave Pelz short-game school in Cordillera, CO and reveals that they've played together in over 20 countries. The photo at the top shows the Guilianis at the US Open at Winged Foot last year. Then there's Rudy's son Andrew, a Duke University sophomore and aspiring professional golfer. He even went so far as to declare that he wouldn't be helping out with his Dad's campaign because he was too busy with golf. (This Dad and son are not known for their warm, fuzzy relationship, BTW}.

Anyway, if anyone has golf news about any of the other candidates I'd love to hear about it. And I'm pretty sure my readers would too. Right?

7 comments:

  1. Hi Golf Girl
    You have gone full gamut from Public Radio, Ladies Fashion, Afghanistan, Natalie Gulbis, Hugh Grant candid photos, China, Dubai, Dottie Pepper and now Politics. We are also very impressed with your recent TV Episodes, but I am wondering if all this variety is intended to through us off guard and delay the Golf Girl Swimsuit Issue that has an enticing effect on some of your viewers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Through is not the same as THROW.
    BR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Bill Roberts-- leave the politics alone and let's get down to the Swimsuit Issue. I am, after all, the Perfect Day Club Guy, and politics is not part of a Perfect Day-- but babes in swimsuits definitely are!

    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Bill Roberts-- leave the politics alone and let's get down to the Swimsuit Issue. I am, after all, the Perfect Day Club Guy, and politics is not part of a Perfect Day-- but babes in swimsuits definitely are!

    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I know, is that "Hillary can only hit shanks", and is forbidden to set foot on the green grass of Augusta.

    Obamba plays Lil` putt, and cheats... always picking a red ball.

    The rest of them have NO chance in golf or politics, so write them off to the driving range

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guys: you have a one track mind.

    I like the stories abt politics and travel and celebrities. Keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, thanks for your patience.

    The Golf Girl Swimsuit Issue is still a work in progress, essentially because in order to produce a high quality product, the services of skilled professionals (photography/photo editing)are required. Our budget here at Golf Girl's Diary has not been able to cover such services thus far.

    However, hopefully that'll change as we "relaunch" for 2008. In the meantime I try to find a diversity of interesting, fun, pertinant-ish topics. BTW - Look for a new episode of GGTV by the end of the week. *(:D

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...